Sunday, February 24, 2013

FBK

Hey guys!  All of you guys probably think my name is Faith. 
Well, yeah, it is.  But I also have another name.  

Bo-Young

Like many other names, it has a meaning.  
Each syllable has a definition.  
Bo stands for big.
Young stands for swimming.  
Bo-Young : Big Swimming. 
(No, that does not mean if you say bo-young in Korea people will think your saying 'big swimming'.)
I mean, ironically I swim, and I'm pretty big.  But is that what my name literally means?
Thinking about questions like this for many years, I asked my parents what they were getting at with my name.  
He said they chose big because they wanted me to be healthy when I got older and swimming because I was missing an element of water when I was born.  So if people kept calling me Bo-young that element would be filled because of the meaning of my name.  
I have no idea what that means. 
But, I guess it doesn't matter because people call me Faith.  






No comments:

Post a Comment