Thursday, February 28, 2013

Feb 28

Hey It's Lauren

**Before you continue reading, listen to the song "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore (clean version please!!!)**

As some of you may know, "thrift store" by Macklemore is my favorite song.  It's so relate-able.  Every time a friend shows me the new shirt they just bought at Free People or the new Lexis they just bought (nbd), I'm just like "yo that's $50 for a T-shirt" (in the words of Macklemore).    Though the song can be a bit intimidating at first, with the 543908 'whats' at the beginning, it speaks the truth.  So, here are some.........

.........Reasons why Thrift Shop is the best song:
    
1. It's relate able:
One day, not too long ago, as I was leaving my house in my crank window car, my mom asked me where I was going.  As Mackelmore would say, I responded "I'm gonna pop some tags."  My mom, unfamiliar with the song, had no idea what I was talking about.  She asked me how much money I had in my pocket to make sure I had enough for shopping, and to that I responded "$20."

2. It's relate able:
Everyday I "walk into the [school] like whaddap I got a big [quant chem binder]" just like Macklemore sings.

No comments:

Post a Comment