Monday, February 11, 2013

Read Me!

Hellooo Mates!

One time like 20 minutes ago, I was eating my dinner and watching the Create channel on TV. The show I was watching was about this local nursery that grew flower plants and sold them to professional florists. And this farmer lady that was being interviewed described how the visitors were always struck by beauty of nature and had amazed looks on their faces at the end of the visit. She talked about wonder-filled children who came in and wanted to touch all of the plants and smell them. Of course I wanted to sit and hear more about this woman's experience as a plant tamer, but I had homework to do. So, I got up, set the plate in the sink,  washed my hands, got three Hershey Kisses from the pantry and made my way up to my room. But I started thinking about the lady and how she had said that children were filled with wonder and the adults that were left amazed, and I began to reflect on what had made me feel that way in the recent past. So I reminisced..

It was February 6th 2013, middle of a school week, 8:06 p.m. a very stressed out me made my way out the front door to go for a run. I was being bombarded with the thoughts of history notes, precalc homework problems and all the shows I was missing for comedy Wednesday. And so really.. I was pretty distressed. Now, my street is truly the street to Tartarus. It is hilly and curvy and then you reach a point where you basically fly downhill for 1/4 of a mile because it's super steep. Therefore, coming back up this 1/4 mile is not a walk in the park, you pretty much want to whip your phone out and call your mom to tell her to pick you up. So you get me? Well, after the first half, I was at the bottom of the hill and it was time to go back up. And as I was running upwards, my gaze turned towards the sky and it was the most magnificent oh-my-god-I-want-to-lie-here-and-stare-at-the-stars-foreverrrrr moment ever. I stopped running and I couldn't help but just bend my neck upwards and STARE.  The  night was dark and cloudless. Maybe 10 mile wind speed tops. The temperature no more than 34 degrees, probably lower. And, man I was literally and figuratively breathless. I could see all the constellations, all the seven sisters, the Venus, the Mars, the Jupiter, the moon, the horizon, I could see everything. Obviously to make this moment perfect my mind started playing Coldplay's Yellow's lyrics, "Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you," and then to make it more perfect I whispered to myself, "I swear in this moment, I am infinite." and I was just so completely and utterly happy by staring at the sky; it was unbelievable. 

I finished my run in peace and walked up my driveway panting like a dog.

So, now I leave it to you to figure out what is something out there that might leave you having epiphanies, or multiple cheesy moments,  or even just stop you and make you reflect. In the end, I felt relieved, refreshed and renewed and ready to finish my school work. 

Thanks for reading.
BUYEEEEEEEEEE!
Jaagrit 

1 comment: