Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Can it be Halloween every day? by Sarah Ssemakula

October: Homecoming, PSAT, but most importantly, Halloween.  October 31st is probably my favorite day of the year.  Who doesn’t love trick or treating?  For one night you can dress up and act like whomever you want to be and for two hours you get free candy.  Why wouldn’t you want to do that?  I tell people that I want to go trick or treating and I get the same response every time.  “Aren’t you a little old for that?”  Halloween is for everyone; young and old.  I will NEVER be too old for trick or treating.  I may be 16, but free candy?  I’m in.  Personally, I think that trick or treating is more fun than handing out candy to the little kids on the street.

First of all, you get to create a costume, which is always so much fun.  One year, I was Lady Gaga.  I attached white balloons onto a black jumpsuit, trying to replicate her bubble costume.  (http://greed.typepad.com/.a/6a011168a59308970c012875a66d9a970c-800wi)
This year, I’m thinking of dressing up as Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad. (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120714062160/breakingbad/images/c/c4/4x13_Gus'_face_off.png)

Secondly, having a competition with your friends to see who can get the most candy is so much fun.  But you know what I can’t stand?  Receiving anything that isn’t candy; apples, popcorn balls, or pretzels.  Halloween means CANDY.  Good candy.  When I get home, I should have an endless pile of Reese’s, Twix, and Snickers, NOT a pile of... apples.  The worst is when I’m given crappy candy, like Dots.  Why are Dots even considered a candy?  They taste like half hardened rubber cement and should seriously be banned from every house’s candy bowl.  All in all, I’ll always love Halloween.  Only 23 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment