Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Adlai Curse.

For years, scientists have been studying a phenomenon they like to call:

prehypotonicjinglebellwrappingpapersugarplumfairynosis

Until now, you probably have never heard of such a disease, and in fact you may think I am just making this up. But I'll have you know: this is very real. And I just so happen have the worst case of it, hence it's shortened name "The Adlai Curse."

Yes, yes. I know you're probably wondering about what exactly I am talking, and if you too suffer from this unique disease. I have provided below a "self-diagnosis."

Check all that apply:
Do you....

___Sing holiday music in September

___Have a "winter-y" computer background

___Daydream about gingerbread men

___Watch YouTube hauls "What I got for Christmas/Hanukkah"

___Listen to Pandora's "Charlie Brown Holiday Music" 

___Buy an excess amount of "Pine Needle" Candles from Bath&Body Works

___Doodle snowflakes, Evergreen trees, snowmen, etc. in your notes

___Wear holiday sweaters while it's still in the 60s

___Put on snow boots, walk around your house, chanting "you'd better watch out...."

___Have a countdown in your agenda until December

If you apply to one or more of these, it is very likely you have caught "The Adlai Curse." All this really means is pre-mature excitement for the next few months (and Mariah Carey's "I Don't Want A Lot for Christmas" on repeat).


My prescription for "The Adlai Curse" includes the following:

-Small doses of "Frosty the Snowman"

-At least one Pumpkin Spiced Latte a week

-Ten minutes of "What was in my Stocking" YouTube videos

-One hour a week cutting out pretend snowflakes

And if all else fails,

-LOTS of Wham!'s "Last Christmas" 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

Enjoy,
Adlai :)


No comments:

Post a Comment