Saturday, December 14, 2013

My December List

Hey guys! Maria here. I don't have any supercalifragi-awesome blog ideas, so I just decided to do a "my favorites" type of December list. Here we go...

Movies
Catching Fire - I saw Catching Fire a few weeks ago, and I really liked it. I feel that the actors found and portrayed the characters even better than in the first movie. I'm also pretty partial to the plot of it / the second book in general. Looking back, though, I do now realize some missing plot points which is a little disappointing but doesn't take away from the movie (at least to me).
Frozen - I've been freaking out over how much I love Frozen ever since I saw it. I am a huge Disney fan, and this movie really spoke to me. First of all, I love the family / sister element. There are also a lot of good lines and humor in this movie. Finally, the animation is breathtaking. Here are some stills from one of my favorite scenes:


source


source


Music
Vuelie (feat. Cantus) (from Frozen) - This song is actually from Frozen. Here's what the Disney Wiki has to say about it:
The song is inspired by indigenous Saami and Norwegian culture, and was written and composed by Norwegian composer Frode Fjellheim. The song is a combination of Saami yoiking and the Danish Christmas hymn "Dejlig er jorden"/"Fairest Lord Jesus". 
It sounds like snowfall and winter and ahhhhh I love it!
Slow Me Down, by Emmy Rossum - I don't know where I first heard this song, but it's been stuck in my head for days. It's soothing, catchy, and kind of lilting.

Food and Drink
Eggnog! - Now, I know that some people find eggnog disgusting, but I'll have to respectfully disagree with them because I think it's delicious. It's kind of the embodiment of Christmas for me and my family. If you're feeling decadent, I recommend a splash of it in hot chocolate.
Christmas cookies - This hasn't happened in my house yet, but the thought of sugar cookies, buck-eyes, springerly, and more is what gets me through hard days.


So, that's about it! What are your favorite things this December? Feel free to let us know in the comments.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~ Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment