Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Food Is Always On My Mind


I want to share this incredible piece of artwork by Ibon Mainar with all of you.  The painting is of In & Out Burgers and when I came across it while blogging earlier today, I thought that the the resemblance was uncanny.  I've never been to In & Out Burgers before, which is something that really needs to change within the next year or two.

So today, I was feeling extra hungry.  I woke up this morning after about 9 hours of sleep (a record on a school night for me guys) and had chicken soup that my mom had made the previous night.  Usually, I have a bland breakfast, consisting of a dry bagel washed down with a glass of orange juice, and then about an hour later I grumble about how hungry I am and how badly I want to go to lunch.  But today, I took my sweet time eating breakfast, the crisp celery, carrots, and chicken really hit the spot for me!  I was in bliss after such a wonderful breakfast that I went through 1st and 2nd period without a rumbling stomach.  During A lunch, I enjoyed a peanut butter sandwich (yes, only peanut butter, I hate PB&J) and a chocolate chip cookie (shout out to Faith Kim for buying it for me).  3rd and 4th period drained me out and surely enough when I got on the bus, I announced to a friend, that I was ready for a snack.  But a snack for me, isn't actually a snack which is defined as a portion of food smaller than a meal; it's another meal!  I bounded through the door, ready for my snack, and grabbed a bowl of steaming hot chicken soup.  After that, I enjoyed a bowl of low fat strawberry Yoplait yogurt and followed that up with a bowl of pineapple chunks.  Now, I am craving a small pizza from Upper Crust and some fudge brownie ice cream... ugh why is food always on my mind? 

Until Next Time, 

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment