Thursday, January 8, 2015

Chaos at the Airport

Hi all,

One of my resolutions is to post more on the blog, because I have been awful with that! Truly sorry for not contributing more to the blog, but junior year assignments have taken over my days and nights. However, I'm not here to make excuses. I want to tell you all a story about my holiday break.

My parents are divorced, and so every year I am in a different place for Christmas Day. This year I happened to be at my dads, and I stayed there for around a week or so. My dad lives in New Jersey, and we have driven there in years past, but my family wanted me fly there this year. 

Airports have never been a fun place for me; I can usually deal with hectic people, but some of these people are crazy! I think I was ran into maybe nine times, but that's beside the point. As I was making my way through security, I took off my shoes, coat, and bag. Now, I never have an issue with security, but of course on the busiest day of travel, I have to be the one to cause a problem. 

" Miss, can you step over here," the TSA agent snarled.

Oh God. This cannot possibly end well.

"Sure, no problem. "

"Stand there. Do not move an inch." 

Don't move an inch. I can do that. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man walking a dog with both the man and the dog wearing a vest that read "K-9 Unit." As they approached, I grew very nervous. The dog stopped, and smelled my legs and feet. He started to bark, louder than I had ever heard a dog bark before. This is no exaggeration. Everyone in the line was staring at me. After three minutes of extreme public humiliation and an unnecessary search, I was told that I was free to move forward. 

"Must've been your perfume."

I retrieved my belongings and got on the train that takes you to the gates, but not before tripping and almost falling on an elderly man in a wheel chair. 

"Well, this should be an interesting break," I thought as I put my headphones in and tried to rid myself of the embarrassment that my perfume had caused.

Needless to say, I gave the perfume to my stepsister when I got to my dad's house. 

"Why are you giving this to me?"

"Oh, no reason at all. Thought you would like it," I explained.  Boy, was she going to love it.



Thanks for reading about my crazy time at the airport!

Kristen Scipione


No comments:

Post a Comment