Monday, March 18, 2013

Memory Music

Hey all you beautiful people! This is Emily Fab. (:

Gosh, I just finished reading all of the recent posts on the blog and they are all so amazing! (Mrs. Green, I actually cried reading your post, with the saddening feeling of the last musical with the most talented seniors still lingering in my mind). I apologize for not posting on my assigned blogging day, March 15 (musical was all that I though about over the weekend).

In life, you make so many memories and meet so many fantastic people. It's hard to imagine that after graduation day, you may never see some of the friends you made in the 12 years of your life in school. I feel like sometimes, we take this time for granted- wishing for delays and cancellations and breaks where we lose time we could have spent with these people. It's so important to stay involved throughout high school and live these years to their fullest because this is where a ton of your memories are made and this is where you learn who you are. Go to football games, be in musicals, play a sport. And I know I'm only a sophomore, but I still think about this all the time. It's a pre-nostalgic feeling I can't quite comprehend, almost like I'm looking back on something that hasn't happened yet.

Music is a way I express these snapshots and memories I make and hold onto in my mind. It's my way of remembering what it was like to be surrounded by these people in this place at that specific time of day. The moment I hear certain songs, I can be transported to the place I was in when those songs were relevant. This is one of the craziest/coolest feelings to me.

I want to share some of these songs with you all because whether or not they have a nostalgic meaning to you, I think they are some of the most brilliant songs ever. Here you go (:

Memory Music:

Boston - Augustana

Kaleidoscope - Joe Brooks

A Face To Call Home - John Mayer

Stay Beautiful - Taylor Swift

Stories to Tell - Dave Barnes

Better Together - Jack Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment