Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Why is Winter Break Coming to an End ALREADY???

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

Yay 2014!  I apologize for my super late blogpost everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful winter break and wow we go back to school tomorrow this is so exciting (not).  I got about 12 hours of sleep every night (so sad that's going to come to an end), ate a ton of delicious food (holiday food.. yum), and watched a bunch of great movies.  Usually over any type of break we have, I binge watch a TV show and stay at home every day, but this break I watched movies like no other.  I was never a huge movie fan before, but I couldn't resist seeing Anchorman 2, Frozen, and American Hustle.  I recommend ALL of them oh my god they were fantastic.  If you want a stupid but funny movie, go see Anchorman 2 because Will Ferrell was absolutely hilarious.. I was laughing so hard throughout the entire movie, I had tears streaming down my face.  Frozen was so so incredibly cute as Maria talked about in her blog post and the music was perfect.  Let It Go was beautiful and if you haven't heard it yet, you MUST listen to it ASAP and go out and see the movie!  I'm not sure what my final thoughts are about American Hustle because the plot was a tad bit confusing for me, but Jennifer Lawrence was amusing so, if you want to see a drama, then go for it!  Oh my god, yesterday I had the best filet mignon guys... Okay, I'm getting a little side tracked from what my real blog post is about.

Here are 6 of my Winter Break Favs.

1. Pumpkin Spice Candle: PUMPKIN SPICE RULES.  This is the greatest smelling candle that you will ever come across!  Unless you smell a Christmas cookie candle, because then those win...but every time my mom and I would go candle shopping I would make her buy me a pumpkin spice candle.  At night, when I light the candle, I feel like my room instantly warms up and it feels so much comfier than before.  

2. Fuzzy Socks: These are a requirement for a cold winter day.  Walmart has a huge section of fuzzy socks in the women's clothing section for a pretty decent price!  I bought myself a pair of green socks with blue polka dots and I can't stop wearing them- in fact I have them on right now.

3. Brownie in a Mug: This recipe should be memorized by every teenager out there.  I don't care how early in the morning it is, I will make myself a brownie in a mug while still wearing my PJs and eat it for breakfast.  That is how damn good it is.

4. Sleeping In: Enough said.

5. Midnight Memories by One Direction: I know a lot of people don't like One Direction's music, but if any of their albums can change their mind, this would be the one.  Midnight Memories is a mix of indie rock and pop rock.  My three favorite songs off of their album are Happily, Right Now, and Story of My Life.  Happily is really light and bouncy and makes me want to dance every time I listen to it.  Right Now is kind of slow, but I've listened to it 108 times over the past week so... it's amazing.  Story of My Life is GREAT, the boys performed this on SNL a couple of weeks ago and it was breathtaking.

6. Cup O Ramen: I had my first cup o ramen this winter break and it was wonderful.  Chicken is the way to go.  I definitely recommend this so much over regular Ramen packages, because at least with this- you have assorted vegetables and all you need is some hot water AND also not to mention, the fact that it's already in a cup for you.

Alright, well enjoy the last day of break guys!

-Until next time, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment