Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Little Spring Fever

       I absolutely love winter - I do! I love everything about it- from snow falling outside my window, to hot cocoa and a warm fire, to snow days spent with books and fuzzy blankets. And the added bonus this year - the Winter Olympics! 
       However, I do have to say that I am starting to get a little spring fever. I'm over all the gray, slushy days, the salt coating my boots and car doors more than the road, the being sick and sniffly. (I swear that tissue usage goes up by, like, 75% this time of year!) And that fabulous day of semi-warm sunshine we had on Saturday reminded me of how much I love spring and how much I've been craving a little sun. I forgot how great it is to stand by the window and feel warmth on my face, to walk my dog outside in just a sweatshirt, to smell the mud and the grass and the trees. 
       I am actually always a little sad when pretty, snowy winter ends, because I know that lots of rain and dreariness are coming... but also lots of warmth and flowers and Spring break and birds singing. :) So this year I am actually pretty excited that it's almost March - spring starts in 22 days! I can hardly wait.
        So here's to all the months of rising temperatures and fun to come! Happy over the hump day and happy (almost) March! 

-Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment