Monday, September 29, 2014

From the Faculty Lounge: Mrs. Green

1. What position are you in the Tappy QRT?
I am the one with the messiest desk.

2. Something adventurous you did over the summer?
I took a group of 5 6-10 year olds (including my children) on a kayak to a pretty high rock and coached them to jump from it into the lake. 

3. Best fall meal?
Sausage stuffed acorn squash. Salad with butternut squash. Pumpkin pie ice cream. I would probably not eat all at the same meal, though. That would be squash overload.

4. What is your favorite fall activity?
Hiking/ walking at Hartwood Acres with my kids and dog when the weather is perfect for shorts and a long sleeve shirt, and the leaves are just starting to change.

5. (Least) Favorite writing utensil? There is a trick pencil made of rubber that my family somehow acquired which has been in the junk drawer in our kitchen for months. I will try to write with it about once a week. 

6. A book that you read over the summer; do you recommend it?
I have a decent list. We have already discussed Americanah (See Sarah's post), so I will say Pocketful of Names by Joe Coomer. I read it in Maine, where it takes place, which possibly made me like it more. I also bought it from a tiny independent bookstore on recommendation and had the pleasure of passing the word on about it, instead of pulling it from the best seller list or from a Mega book store chain. That pleased me as well.

7. The song that's in your head right now?
I am currently listening to the rhythmic drone of the teacher copy machine. It is in my head.

8. Favorite movie/genre?
I love Downton Abbey, TED Talks, and can be caught watching The Biggest Loser (but the last one is a shameful secret).

9. Favorite type of cookie?
A free homemade cookie. Why do you think I invented Coffee House?

10. Favorite season and why?
  Summer. Because I get to play stay-at-home-mom, swim in open waters, kayak, paddle, waterski, and take scenic jogs.
  Fall. Because I get to reunite with the job I love, meet new students, be thoughtful about literature and writing, and eat pumpkin flavored stuff.
  Winter. Because I get to ski, jog all bundled up, read by the fire, and stay in pj's on snow days.
  Spring. Because I get to dig in the dirt, appreciate the longer days, celebrate lots of birthdays, dust off my bike, and reunite my arms and legs with fresh air.



No comments:

Post a Comment