Sunday, October 26, 2014

Appreciation for all things here and now

So, hi,
You know what I like so much about living?
I just love how much you can appreciate the now and the present and when you do that you can forget about the millions of other things you have to do or did or are doing.

If this makes no sense, and you are like what is this girl talking about, I'll expand on my musings.

1. This day today was literally the most perfect day- in the weather sense. I couldn't help but go outside every few minutes because it was beyond perfect. The sun was the perfect full beam. The wind had that perfect hair whipping quality. The temperature was perfect. If you were there and lived this day, you can testify that the quality of the weather was in one word, two syllables, Perfect.

2. So, there are these two trees, one on each side of the driveway,  directly opposite of each other. I've been watching them, observing them, comparing them to other trees, and they've been green all October. I am not making this up but today, suddenly,  both of them, as if coordinated, were bright red. I imagine what I felt is how parents feel when they're proud of their children's accomplishments. I internally felt so satisfied and pleased with their transformation, I did everything I could do to celebrate the arrival of Fall at my doorstep. I took pictures, I stood under the trees, I picked up the fallen leaves and placed them on my mirror, all in effort to commemorate the change.

3. The highlight and the most present moment of this last Sunday of October, 2014 was the Tappy Pumpkin Party. Being around the people of the senior staff, I'm always experiencing something new. Today, it was laughter. Not that I haven't laughed before, but it was entirely different. Maybe it was the company of these minds or the presence of good food and good mood. There was a moment where I was actually laughing till I was crying, and I know its not Thanksgiving, but I am so grateful that we get to work together for the upcoming year.

4. I know I am talking about the present, but even in the present I can't help but be excited by the future. I packed all my wool and synthetics, stuffed all the socks, jammed in all the fleece and I'm ready for Camp Allegheny. My heart dances as I think about the "week" I will spend in nature with some of my best friends. Maybe, I will come back and be like never again, but for now a week off from school, hiking, camping, and bonfires is all I want. I promise I'll be present in the moment.

I don't know what goes on in my head.
Can you relate or are you like I G G BYE?!

Jaagrit

No comments:

Post a Comment