Monday, October 27, 2014

Here, Have a Bunch of Videos!

Hi guys! Maria here.

This blog post comes to you in two parts.
I both sing and dance (not at the same time), so I spend a decent amount of my time listening to not very popular music and searching YouTube for cool dances. It was through doing these things that I found the videos I want to share...

Part I (if this were a vlog, there would be a title slide with cute ukulele music in the background): Music
I recently discovered an album by Sleeping at Last called Atlas: Space. Each song in the album is about a planet and they are amazing. I heard Saturn first and I was hooked. Here are the lyrics to Saturn:

You taught me the courage of stars before you left.
How light carries on endlessly, even after death.
With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

I couldn’t help but ask
For you to say it all again.
I tried to write it down
But I could never find a pen.
I’d give anything to hear
You say it one more time,
That the universe was made
Just to be seen by my eyes.

With shortness of breath, I’ll explain the infinite
How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist.


And then here are a couple songs to listen to:

Saturn

Sun


Part II: Dance

I recently started dancing again, after having quit several years ago. When I saw this concept video for Breathe Me by Sia, it inspired me to think about picking up dance again.

Breathe Me


Now that I've been dancing for a few years, I've taken to browsing YouTube for dances to my favorite songs. Medicine by Daughter is a song that begs for a lyrical dance, so I was super excited when I found this arrangement.

Medicine


Now that I've completely drowned you in videos...
Hope you are having a good Monday!
- Maria






No comments:

Post a Comment