Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Autumn!

Hello All!
I have to say, each season has its own personality...

We are now into fall, which I consider pleasant and mellow - at first glance - as well as dynamic: swelling with changes and happenings.

Here are some activities inspired by the season for us all to have fun with during these autumnal months.

1. Enjoy the outdoors.  Let the mild autumn sunlight seep into your skin.  Look at the depth of the colors on the trees.  Catch a few falling leaves and make a wish.

2. Have brunch.  Relax on the weekend with some yuuummmy food!
These scones are SO GOOD! I made them recently -also so simple to make.   Ooh, and I just want to take a bite out of the picture of these muffins...

3. Jump into a pile of leaves! Relive some hearty fall memories of splaying that neat pile of leaves someone just raked...

4. I'm feeling the Michael Jackson groove this month.  Try these: "I Want You Back", "Human Nature", and "Man in the Mirror".  Well, and of course "Thriller"...

5. Write a letter to a friend.  A down-to-earth, snail mail postal note.  It's alway nice to get a simple hand-written surprise in the mail :)

6.  Fill your lungs with this crisp air...  I love to walk or run or hike in the fall, and let the breeze flow past me.  
Do you notice this too? - I can literally smell pumpkins, leaves, Halloween, and the essence of the season in the breeze when fall rolls around.

7. Curl up with an exciting book... a favorite, a newbie, whatever your heart desires ;) I love when you find a book that's "I-just-cannot-wait-to-pick-it-up-again-and-I-just-put-it-down" good.

8. Spook yourself a bit... read a scary story, go on a haunted tour, create your own haunted house in your basement...

9. Make the most of night coming on earlier.  Make a bonfire or watch the stars.  Have a movie night with popcorn, snacks, fluffy blankets, and laughs galore.

10.  Do you have a fall tradition? Have you been wanting to try a new activity? Or just chill with this new season?  Whatever you're feeling, go for it!

Enjoy Autumn,
Emma P.

No comments:

Post a Comment