Sunday, May 15, 2016

What am I? and Frozen

What am I? by Katherine Teele

Open.
I fill your scorching months with serenity
I am the highlight to your all American Summer
On grounds made of crystals, I tug at your feet breathlessly
Alluring you respectively
Whimsical, wise, wholesome.
Captivating.
Bodies are sung asleep cooly to my rhythm
I will greet you with open arms in the unbordered mornings
The peace found in my own collision
White clouds of matter fill your vision
Evocative.
Azure, ambient, alluring.
The moon dances with me
Dragging me in exaggerated, extraterrestrial patterns
Impermanence is fact, but I will never leave
Find me active from noon to midsummer’s eve
Animated.
Vital, velvety, vast.
Blue like sky because the sky is in me
Green like grass because the grass is in me
White like the moon because the moon is in me
Some try to paint me with a price, but I’ll always be free
Natural.
Ethereal, earnest, enchanting
Nature can make me powerful many miles ahead
I am as dangerous or as safe as one dares me to be
Some decide not to risk it instead
I am breathtakingly dead
Scary, sacred, safe.

Frozen by Sophie Rodosky

No comments:

Post a Comment