Thursday, May 12, 2016

You and I and Indelible Winter

Indelible Winter by Elizabeth Kauma

You and I
by Jordyn Koontz

You are like the Moon
Pure and Glowing
Nothing can snuff out your light
Not even the clouds can hold back your shimmer.

You say I am like the Sun
Fierce and Brave
You say no one can out shine me
That I have a powerful yet beautiful presence.

I see things differently than you.

You are too innocent for me,
Just like the Moon is for the Sun.

I destroy everything I touch,
Just like the Sun is for the Moon.

No matter how dark everything is,
You illuminate the good.

No matter how bright everything seems,
I cast shadows everywhere I go.

If you are the Moon and I the Sun,
How can we ever see eye to eye?

We can’t.

You and I aren’t fated to be together,
Just like the Sun and the Moon are always destined

To be apart

No comments:

Post a Comment