Friday, February 22, 2013

Breaking Away

So obviously because I'm a genius, I was absolutely CONVINCED that today was my blog day.
 It's not.
 It was yesterday. Therefore, I present to you the (belated) February 21st post.

This past weekend I was doing my very best to procrastinate by watching Princess Diaries 2. For the first time in years, I heard the song Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. Now, first off I've always loved her, not only for her talent, but also because our names are both Kelly AND our initials are both KC. Both of these facts were very important to me as a child (and now, who am I kidding?).

As cliche as it sounds, for the first time, I really understood the lyrics. I was able to identify with the meaning behind them. For those of you not familiar with the song, the general premise is about growing up and breaking away from your current surroundings to move on to bigger and better things.

A few lines that struck a chord with me were "I won't forget the place I come from", "I won't forget the ones that I love", and "I'll take a chance, take a risk, and breakaway".

This essentially embodies how I feel about graduating from high school and leaving for college in the fall. I'll never be able to forget all of the friends I made or any of the amazing memories that I had the honor to take part in. However in order to really be successful in my 'new life' in the upcoming Autumn, I will need to take some risks and not be afraid of change. I must be confident enough to breakaway from the life I've known for so long...to embrace every opportunity I am presented with.

I've always known Princess Diaries was deep.



KC

No comments:

Post a Comment