Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Night Pick-Me Up

HI!  It's McKenna!

So I was sifting through my favorite blogs sometime this week when I should have been working on my first Kirk essay (honestly, if I even have to look at that heinous thing one more time I am going to go postal), when I found this link (http://m.pinterest.com/indyink/don-t-compare-yourself-to-celebrities/) on Epbot.  On this Pinterest page, a woman dissects the distortion of the human body via Photoshop.  In literally piles of pictures, she points out missing ribs, extra fingers, and pounds of invisible fat that we are tricked into believing doesn't exist.  With all the hype about zero calories and super-skinny-I-can't-breathe-jeans, looking at these pictures make me feel better (especially at 2 a.m.).


Question

BY MAY SWENSON
Body my house
my horse my hound   
what will I do
when you are fallen

Where will I sleep   
How will I ride   
What will I hunt

Where can I go
without my mount   
all eager and quick   
How will I know   
in thicket ahead
is danger or treasure   
when Body my good   
bright dog is dead

How will it be
to lie in the sky
without roof or door   
and wind for an eye

With cloud for shift   
how will I hide?





No comments:

Post a Comment